Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Patrotic Postings!!





With the 4th of July right around the corner...my crafting/woodworking has
leaned patriotic...with a couple of fun projects I'd like to share. Sometimes
my best ideas come when I am working on something else. I was working on a large wooden flag that I started a year ago and sort of lost interest. Decided to pull it out from the bottom of the wood pile and see if I could finish it
for our lake house this summer. I finished it and it inspired me to do these other two "FLAG" projects. I looked at my supply of paint stirrers on the workbench and a lite-bulb went off....so I put 7 of them together to create
the small wood flag....my next one I will try to turn into the top of a box.Two pieces of wood on the back ....one on either side...(glued) will hold all the slats together.

My sister's birthday is July 6th...she was almost a (4th of July baby...)
so I created this card with paint chip samples from Home Depot. I have used
the paint samples before for craft projects...but I now have a Zyron?
sticker making machine so I just run the paper strips thru that and cut the
strips for the card....making them SO easy to use! Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mimi, Thanks for your card. I took a hypertufa class for Steve last weekend. I had heard about him for years but never knew he taught classes or where he lived. I love my grot....ugly but fun!!!

    ReplyDelete