Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lucian's Lazy Susan!


I made this Lazy Susan for Lucian to take to her when I went to Dallas. One of my favorite pastimes is going to thrift shops..Goodwill...and others. I find many vintage wood pieces...most being $1.00...or maybe $2.00. I bring them home and strip old finish off...then re-purpose. This was a 12" platter...perfect for wood-burning and painting. I put all 7 names of her children around edge and then a sort of village of houses and a church on main surface....then added a lazy susan attachment on bottom. Added the embellishments on top when I set it up for her.
I had gathered those at home. It is Very Cute!

In fact Sally ordered one and so did Michael...Lucian's son in Lincoln. I am flattered...I even have the platters. It is 12" in diameter...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment